Saturday, December 24, 2005

Recommended research papers

I keep getting requests to recommend papers in personalization, recommendations, and information retrieval, mostly from students.

I've been responding to these individually, but that seems inefficient, so I decided to go ahead and post a list of a few of my favorites.

The focus in this list is on breadth, mostly surveys that provide a good introduction, mostly work that used very large data sets. Follow citations on Citeseer if you want to explore in more depth.Enjoy! I hope it makes for interesting reading over the holidays.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the list, Greg. I hope you don't mind if I add another interesting paper to the list :

"Amazon.com Recommendations
Item-to-Item Collaborative Filtering" by Greg Linden, Brent Smith, and Jeremy York

http://hugo.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~yjhsu/courses/u2010/papers/Amazon%20Recommendations.pdf