- Jeff Dean keynote at WSDM 2009
Describes Google's architecture and computational power
- Put that database in memory
Claims in-memory databases should be used more often
- How Google crawls the deep web
How Google probes and crawls otherwise hidden databases on the Web
- Advice from Google on large distributed systems
Extends the first post above with more of an emphasis on how Google builds software
- Details on Yahoo's distributed database
A look at another large scale distributed database
- Book review: Introduction to Information Retrieval
A detailed review of Manning et al.'s fantastic new book. Please see also a recent review of Search User Interfaces.
- Google server and data center details
Even more on Google's architecture, this one focused on data center cost optimization
- Starting Findory: The end
A summary of and links to my posts describing what I learned at my startup, Findory, over its five years.
Monday, December 28, 2009
Most popular posts of 2009
In case you might have missed them, here is a selection of some of the most popular posts on this blog in the last year.
Posted by Greg Linden at 7:57 AM