Sunday, July 16, 2006

Starting Findory: The series

I lot of people seemed to enjoy my "Early Amazon" series of posts where I told stories about my early days at Amazon.com.

I thought I might begin another series, "Starting Findory", where I will talk about my experience starting Findory.com.

The series will be wide ranging. I will talk about why I started Findory. I will discuss my decision to build Findory on the cheap and whether that was a good idea. I will ramble on about legal goo and the joy of lawyers. I will write about launching products quickly, building teams, pursuing VC funding, talking to big companies about partnerships, marketing, customer service, and much more.

Not only will it be interesting for me to reanalyze my decisions and get feedback on my conclusions, but also I suspect many would enjoy the read and would find useful tidbits for their own entrepreneurial adventures.

I hope you enjoy it!

Update: I should add that if there is anything in particular you would like me to cover in this series, please let me know and I will see if I can include it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the Amazon series, and I'm really looking forward to living vicariously via the Starting Findory series!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, I also am eagerly awaiting your stories!

AV said...

Great idea. Would you please cover how key is the stage of prototyping. Did you wait for the design to be perfect? Or did you create a prototype in a hurry so that you could go for some funding?

Anonymous said...

Cool.
Great idea... and good teasing.