Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Findory's search history

One of the cool features in our recent launch is search history. It's true that others have search history -- A9, Ask Jeeves, and My Yahoo Search -- but Findory has an interesting take on it.

First, we make it easier. No registration required. Just use Findory and we'll keep track of your searches for you. It's that easy. As always, you're anonymous on Findory.

Second, we do more. It's not just web searches in your search history. Findory keeps search history for news, blog, and web searches. It's all right there for you.

I've talked before about how search history is not personalized search, but it is a step toward personalized search. Personalized search is the future. Findory is going to be part of it.

1 comment:

Seun Osewa said...

I do not believe that it's a good idea to encourage the use of findory without logging in. Why should my recommendations be lost forever when I switch systems temporarily (PC to Laptop, Windows to Linux, Home to Office) or clear cookies in my browser?

I happen to use Findory a lot, and I think that while it's nice and cute that Findory works without logging in, the interface ought to strongly encourage users to register and login to preserve the personalization.